Background & Experience
Mr. J. Clayton Hering, a Portland native, joined NAI Norris, Beggs & Simpson in 1972 and, in just under three years, was named Vice President and Regional Manager of the Portland office. In 1976, Clayton became a partner, remaining in the capacity of Regional Manager until 1989 when he was named President of the company. In July 1993, the company restructured into a Northwest partnership and a California partnership, with Clayton leading the NBS Northwest Limited Partnership as President. He became Chairman of the Board in 2011.
Clayton’s responsibilities include client relationships, management and is a member of the creative committee. He served in the United States Marine Corps for three years, including service in Vietnam where he attained the rank of Captain. Clayton is active in social, civic, and political affairs.
Clayton received a B.A. Degree in 1963 from Dartmouth College.
• Portland Metropolitan Association of Building Owners & Managers (BOMA)
• Portland Business Alliance
• Commercial Association of Brokers - Oregon/SW Washington (CAB)
• 2009 Portland Business Alliance William S. Naito Outstanding Service Award
• 2009 Commercial Association of Realtors Humanitarian of the Year